Binscarth Christian Assembly is an autonomous evangelical community church committed to loving God wholeheartedly, and serving others faithfully.
God’s gospel originates in the eternal, triune God.
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
God’s gospel is authoritatively revealed in the Scriptures.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
God’s gospel alone addresses our deepest need.
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they fell through disobedience, incurring both physical and spiritual death. All people are sinful by nature and by choice, are alienated from God, and only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can people be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
God’s gospel is made known supremely in the Person of Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man. Jesus—Israel’s promised Messiah—was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, died as a substitutionary sacrifice [the just for the unjust] arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
God’s gospel is accomplished through the work of Christ.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation. Those who repent and believe in Him are united with Christ through the Holy Spirit [born again], justified, sanctified and granted the gift of eternal life.
God’s gospel is applied by the power of the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt, regenerates believing sinners, indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
God’s gospel is now embodied in the new community called the church.
7. We believe that the universal church consists of all who have been justified by God’s grace through faith alone in Christ alone. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who join together to worship God, to observe the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper, to pray, to be edified through the Word of God, to fellowship, and to testify in word and deed to the good news of salvation both locally and globally.
God’s gospel compels us to Christ-like living and witness to the world.
8. We believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
God’s gospel will be brought to fulfillment by the Lord Himself at the end of this age.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of our Lord Jesus Christ with His holy angels when He will bring His kingdom to fulfillment and exercise His role as Judge of all. This coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, is the believer’s blessed hope; a motivation for holy living sacrificial service and energetic mission
God’s gospel requires a response that has eternal consequences.
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. There will be a bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life, and for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.